Skip to main content
What trials am I willing to go through to learn to be a better mom?

Being the mother of two spiritually struggling girls I want to write down some humbling lessons that I'm learning...that I keep learning.  Perhaps some day these thoughts will be useful to someone else somewhere somehow.

This quote is comforting:
We cannot pray away another’s agency. Remember the father of the prodigal son, who patiently waited for his son to ‘[come] to himself,’ all the while watching for him. And ‘when he was yet a great way off,’ he ran to him [Luke 15:17, 20]. We can pray for guidance about when to speak, what to say, and yes, on some occasions, when to be still. Remember, our children and family members already chose to follow the Savior in their premortal realm. Sometimes it is only by their own life’s experiences that those sacred feelings are awakened again. Ultimately, the choice to love and follow the Lord has to be their own.

All flesh is in my hands...be still and know I am God.


Detaching is doing and saying those things that let go of the need to change Kalli.  To admit powerlessness over Kalli and her choices, to stop trying to fix her or her choices. 

*To "let go" is not to nag, scold or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.

Let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power and then may we stand still with the utmost assurance to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you and ye shall bear record of me even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

“Don’t give up. Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead—a lot of it… You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come.” Holland

Comments

  1. Hello sister Cindy. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. So encouraging post on to be a better mom. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people come specially your two daughters struggling spiritually can be so much benefited from missions trip. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. Praying for your two daughters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment